Applications are now open for Dircksey Section/Sub Editors 2018!
Submissions close November 20th at 6pm.
Dircksey is looking for 4 people to come on board for 2018, as part of the main team.
This year we’re doing things a bit differently and we need fun and innovative people to help create the best work possible.
Those chosen for these positions will receive an honorarium ($$$) for their work.
What we’re looking for:
This year we’re looking for all-rounders, people who are able to contribute features, reviews and online content. We need people who are eager to engage with students and create relevant and interesting content. A passion for a particular section (Music, Film, Art & Lit) is great but not necessary. We want people who are comfortable in contributing to each section, while focusing on creating feature articles that they’re passionate about.
What the role entails:
– Creating feature content for each issue and online
– Contributing at least two reviews to any section for each issue
– Creating engagement amongst students and the magazine
– Editing submissions
– Leading a team of volunteer contributors
– Attending contributor meetings and proof reading sessions (and other Dircksey events)
– Interviewing talent for articles
– Assisting in making podcasts for Dircksey’s SoundCloud
– Corresponding with the Editor-in-Chief and other editors
How to apply:
We want to hear what YOU can do! In a cover letter tell us why you’d be a great Section/Sub Editor and what you can bring to Dircksey. Tell us what your passions are and what kind of content you’re interested in creating.
Also submit (with your cover letter!)
– A piece of writing (aprox 500-700 words)
– A 150word review (can be book, film or music)
– A resumé
– Send everything to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Submissions close November 20th at 6pm
Any questions or queries send to email@example.com